Monday, January 19, 2009

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day


One has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Here's to a beautiful day dedicated to an inspirational man. Imagine what more he could have inspired in his lifetime had it not been cut short to 39 years.
Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like any man, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now.
I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people will get to the promised land.

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: