Sunday, January 18, 2009

a day at the beach



Being a native Californian, I sometimes just need a day at the beach to refresh, reboot, restart. The unseasonably warm weather we've had lately has given me a chance to enjoy the respite from seeing my cold breath inside my apartment, and also a chance to worry about the crazy drought we're mired in.
We spent part of last weekend in Santa Cruz, probably my favorite California town ever, and got the chance to explore a secluded beach surrounded by cattle and brussels sprouts.



In other news, we just watched the Sex and the City movie courtesy of Netflix. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, because my husband and my brother were there to make fun of this incredibly inane movie. We summed it up thusly: "Worse than every Freddie Prinze Jr. movie ever made" At least the outfits were cute, but really -- is that enough?

No comments: