Friday, July 11, 2008

behold my bag!


front of bag, originally uploaded by *Honeychild*.

This bag took me one full day to make. I fell in love with this fabric at WhizBang Fabrics the other day and had to use it for something. I followed Corinne's tutorial for the bag and then added a different inside pocket and adjustable strap. I luckily happened across her post on craftster the day before I was going to make my bag, and it suited my needs better than another tutorial that I was going to modify even more. Corinne's tute is great! Very easy to follow, and everything turned out well. I have extra fabric left over so next week I'm going to make this same bag in a smaller size, maybe to accommodate a medium sized notebook and one paperback. This is on top of three other projects that are demanding my attention right now, but hey a girl's gonna do what a girl's gonna do. See more photos of my bag over in my Handmade flickr set.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Your bag is lovely! Beautiful fabric too!

I am so pleased my tutorial helped you. Thanks for trying it out and for posting photos here.

Happy sewing!